2010/11/17

The Background Stories II

Fans! There we go again! Somehow Paula managed to make me write this post again, even though, it's mostly about her this time... ^^ There you go thinking you're pretty cool and independent and everything and then there comes one of those shorties and makes you do the craziest things... and the worst... you love it. That's how it went and why you've got to deal with my poor sense of humor once again. Well, bear with me. ^^

It's time for The Background Stories Part Two:
First you need to know a little about Paula's life. One word description? Interesting ^^ Well, she's been in Japan for a couple of times already and once attended Japanese High School for about a year, meaning she's great at talking nonsense ^^ And, even better, she's already made about every mistake a gaijin can possibly do... HAHA! (I so needed that to polish my scratched up ego a little...)
Anyway. In Japan she stayed with different host families... and one of them had little daughter who once was the epitome of innocence and sweetness... but then came Paula. The poor sweet child was ripped from its cradle, thrown into a world of disaster and even worse - the little girl happened to be quite fond of Paula's attempts to stain her innocence.




...

They say she's gonna be the next Sadako of the Japanese The Ring movies... She definitely got the facial expression right. I mean, how could you, Paula! She was just a young little girl who did nothing wrong in her life! Not once! And now she'll only be able to make a living as a character from a horror movie! And what if that expression stays permanently! I just can believe it!

Apparently not all Japanese people Paula met were typical Japanese... I absolutely adore the story about "her" grandma who took her to a festival at a Sakura park and there was a hill small children slid down on paper and plastic bags. And being a proud and fine Japanese woman the grandma gave her a bag and took one herself and said "We're gonna do that, too!" And down they went... I never met that woman but I love her. She makes me believe in a better world, where a gaijin like me isn't always the freakiest person at hand ^^

Whatever. Last time I had an epic rant about cosplay, right? Paula, being a cosplayer herself by the way, had her moments with those people as well:



I think her face says everything about her thoughts on Japanese people in costumes... Man, don't you look hooked, Sweetie? Well, don't worry, I like (good looking) people without clothes better, too. I mean, uniforms and suits are indeed hot... but nothing goes over a little skin ^^ or a little more ^^

Oh, and while we're at it... Do you guys know Tokyo Tower? Weeeell, of course you do! Everyone knows the Japanese copy of the Eiffel Tower which is actually even taller than the original... fail... But do you guys know what they sell to little children in the stalls and vendors below the tower? Hehe, neither did I...



EPIC FAIL! THEY SELL BUTT-SEX-DINOSAURS TO CHILDREN!!! I almost died when I saw that one! xDDD I can so see the little children asking their mothers "Mommy! Why does the dino put his pee-pee into... " GAHAAAA! Now we know why dinosaurs really went extinct! They were all gay and there were no more baby dinosaurs - I can so see the headline of some Alien-Newspaper: Today's special: Earth - The Gay Dinosaur's Paradise ... how fail can something get?

Anyway...
Another thing about Japan is the Latin transcription of Japanese characters... somehow that's something that tends to go wrong somewhere... this mistake kind of rocks, though ^^




xD Paula's friend took this picture when she was in Okinawa... Obviously they meant not to lock that door but really, this is so much better! In some languages thele in fact is a diffelence between l and l... but leally, using the light lettel is way ovellated.

... Back to being serious, we're not here just for fun after all! This his hard work! And we must give our all!

While we're still at the topic... fail signs aren't only to be found in Japan - you can find them over here, too! And since we're in Germany right now, we decided to show you this one!






"Sackkarre" means "sack barrow" in English... ... ... EPIC FAIL!

...

I don't have anything else to say to this...


Until we meet again,

Paula + Yôshi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts of today