2010/11/23

Life in H(igh) D(efinition) I

Guys! We're back. Finally. First I have to say I'm flattered (Paula is, too, btw) because... There are people waiting for us to post something new, fans and friends and everything! You guys rock! We're thinking about making some merchandise! Would anyone be interested in buttons with our mascots on them? We'll also have hoodies (for ourselves). So if you see us walking around with them guys on our backs – talk to us!

Anyway. Do you know the phenomenon that once you start studying at university you seem to be out more than ever? I mean, during the last three years my partying habits were relatively tame a kind but now? I seem to be on every fucking party out there and I love it. The most useful vocabulary I learned this semester is 二日酔い (ふつかよい)which means “hangover”, even though, it's usually Paula who's hangover since I'm usually still pretty much drunk the next morning ^^ hehe... fail. And every morning after, we say “We really should party less and study more” … and off we go to the next party. I mean, why only going out on weekends if you can go during the week, too?! I say: Who wants to be lazy has to be brilliant. Let's see if I am. Brilliant that is ^^ I do have my doubts, though. But I'm pretty sure I'll be able to say “what an awesome life” someday. (I actually already say that all the time, I like being me :-P )

Soooo... what to write today? I'm kind of... unmotivated ^^ It's 3:30 pm and I'm still lying in Paula's bed, happy-raping her plushies, especially The Bear and I have established an heartfelt relationship and I can proudly say I'm on top. ^^ Though, we will write our 作文 (essay) today, which means, @all you lazy Japanology-Nerds: GO DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
It's about why we are studying Japanese... Yay! It's so my kind of topic (no irony here) because I'm awesome when it comes to talking my ass away about a topic I know nothing of!

Whatever.

We thought, it'd be great if we posted something about our daily life this time. I guess we really can say “our life” because when I met with some people on Friday and didn't bring Paula they were kind of shocked... fail... XD... so just for you guys out there: Paula and I met about four weeks ago, and have been kind of attached at the hip since then, although, that's just thanks to me – I have awesome people skills and am sooo likeable and nice and an all-over fun person – you just have to love me! :D Whoops, don't tell Paula I wrote this, she'll hit me or something!
So talked forever, told nothing: here comes Life in H(igh)D(efinition) I

First I have to say, I love it when guys lie at my feet. It's a caress to my ego and makes my inner self squeal in utter glee. And the other thing is, I like guys, I could hold an five-hours-monologue about why I think guy's are awesome. (Boys, this is your cue, bring me beer and a steak!)
However, as nice as having guys lying at your feet is, I was really said about this one doing so. One day I sit next to him, reading Voltaire, eating Hachez and all-over laughing my ass off about Voltaire's sense of humor, and the next day he's just lying there. I was crestfallen.



Who does whit like that?! He was my friend, man! And the most stable one I could find! And yet it was one of the shortest friendships I ever had! So not fair!

Apropos friendships – do you guys know this “Oh, he's such a dog-person or she's such a cat person?” Contrariwise to common assumption I'm not a dog person but a cat person :-P I'm a fucking mystery! Oh, well, today I'm a Panda Person, when I looked into the mirror this morning... errr... late afternoon... all I saw was a Panda looking kind of... run over. The bags under my eyes are that bad... any tips and tricks? (Except for partying less, I know about that one). Oh, just in case you're wondering, Paula's a dog person – she forced me to mention it, she keeps dissing my non-existent number one pet, the cat.
HD isn't the place to be as dog, though, it seems. The dogs I see all look kind of like I feel today:



Are those really dogs? They look like the kind of pillow you throw out after a home party because you don't know why it's so wet and weird smelling...
Btw, the poor quality of the pictures is thanks to my fucked up cell phone camera ^^ bear with it, you'll see them a lot.

Anyway. Germany is all about Green Energy and Alternate Energy Sources and Organic Food and all that jazz. But it's also the country with the fastest cars on the highway, no speed limits, the most different kinds of beer and all that. I really appreciate that, save the planet, I'm game. I buy organic food sometimes, I try to eat the tuna that got the dolphin-friendly-sign on it. Where I do abandon all my good intentions is on the road. I'm a true German when I'm in a car. I drive a constant 20km/h-above the speed limit or, if there is none, at a constant 170km/h. I tailgate heavily, I curse in a way that makes a sailor blush and I love every second of it. That's why I can't help but laugh about things like this:



I mean, it's a great idea, he's doing way better at saving the planet than I am... still WTF?

Another thing I love about Germany is that it's a deep and mysterious forest made of signs. There are so many signs everywhere! And the way they're positioned shows if one of the signs shows an exception to the rule of the other or an addition or an in-case-of-situation... and so on. It's the confusion of a whole nation made visible. Like this one!



The white sign says 'to the customer parking lot' and the yellow one says 'trespassing of property prohibited – parents answer for their children'
And what exactly am I supposed to do here? Germany failed once again. Customers! I hope you know how to park your car without driving it! Best, just throw it!

Or this thing!



'Brand Condoms – 4 pieces 5,- DM'
DM! Man, DM! DM is the abbreviation of Deutsche Mark which used to be the currency here... before the EURO. Before 2001! They do know that condoms expire, too, don't they? Urgh, just urgh. Oh, wait, did they even know about latex back then? Someone have 5,-DM for me to try it?

Anyway... I'll stop for now – so you can get another update soon ^^
Remember to tell us if you'd be interested in buttons with Paula and Yôshi on them!
I'll go and take a (highly needed) shower, I probably smell just as the Panda I look like today. And I really should get out of these pyjamas soon...

Until we meet again ~
Paula + Yôshi


p.s. I did leave out the FAIL OF THE WEEK. On purpose. But right about now I figured, I'd confess of our stupidity. You guys all read this blog... But apparently we have gotten us a pretty prominent reader... ^^ There we were, innocently sitting through one of those...err... interesting history tutorials and thought it'd be a great idea to do some promotion for our blog. Well, we were incredibly successful on that one. The next day Paula found the sheet with the web address and all on the table where all the brochures and fliers about Japan and Japan-related stuff for students, post-graduates and other interested people lies. She thought I had put it there... Well, I didn't.
One of the other freshmen told us our dear Japanese professor had showed around said sheet earlier that day during the first year's Japanese Lesson... and right after put said sheet on said table at the institute... FAIL, MAN, FAIL!!! I'm here writing my brain off about butt-sex-dinosaurs and my professors are reading it ^^
@ProminentReader: Have Fun and tell us what you think! We hope this qualifies us for … […] not.
 

1 comment:

  1. xDD ohh gosh.. I didn't read it all but, geeze,to funny dear <3

    Susi ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts of today